Everything You Should Know About Panel Lights
Did you know that with a proper illumination system, you can change the whole appearance of how a place looks? This stands applicable for residential as well as commercial settings.
There has been a massive evolution and change in lighting systems over the years. Gone are the days of boring bulbs and incandescent lamps. With the advent of LED lights, you can see profound changes in the lighting systems in commercial areas as well as in our homes. LED lighting not just looks great, they are energy-saving as well. You can see the difference in your electricity bills every month.
When we talk about panel lights now, we usually mainly refer to LED panel lights, and smart-looking, chic LED panel lamps are becoming a favourite with everyone. These lights help illuminate your home or your office space and have replaced the previously used bulbs and fluorescent ceiling tubes. LED panel lamps come with the implementation of the latest technology. Hence, they not only provide excellently uniform illumination but they reduce power consumption substantially.
In this article, we will let you know everything about panel light and lamps, along with pilot lamps. Continue reading to know more.
What is a panel light?
Panel lights come in different shapes, sizes, and designs. Depending on your requirements, you can buy the one which seems most suitable. Most of the designs of these lights and lamps are elegant and sophisticated. Many of them also come with the latest features and advanced characteristics.
LED panel lights are available in two categories. They are as follows:
- Recessed LEDs – They are the slimmest varieties available in the market now. There is a mounting surface on which the LED will fame and fit. You will have to make a cutout hole in the mounting surface to fit in the LEDs. There are side springs that will hold the LEDs in place.
- Surface-mounted LEDs – When you compare recessed LEDs with surface-mounted ones, you will see that the latter is thicker. This is because surface-mounted LEDs have a structure for matching broader surfaces. There is no need to cut the mounting hole as screws help in attaching the bracket to the light.
How do panel lights work?
LED panel lights have become a favourite choice for people for their homes as well as for their office space. These panel lamps provide sufficient and uniform lighting, illuminating the whole space evenly.
There are two primary lighting panel structures – edge lit modules and direct-lit backlight modules. In a direct-lit panel, there are many LED light sources. All these sources are disposed of directly under a panel. But you must understand that LED is a directional light source, and the output intensity of this light is strongest at 90 degrees. The orientation of LEDs is directly towards the light-diffusing layer. Therefore, this is sometimes uncomfortable for the eyes.
Edge-lit LED panel lights produce light that remains consistent to the eye across the diffuser panel. With the edge-lit backlight theorem, the light transmits from an LED array to a central area of an edge-lit panel through various light guides.
Why Schneider Electric’s panel lights are the best?
Now that you have made up your mind about purchasing panel lights and panel lamps for your home or office setup, you must ensure that you buy these products from an authentic and trusted source. Schneider Electric eShop can become your one-stop destination for shopping panel lamps and lights at the most reasonable rates. You will also find some of the best pilot lamps at the store in varying colours.
Here are some reasons why Schneider Electric’s panel lights are the best:
- Attractive designs – You will be amazed to see the variety of attractive designs of LED panel lights in the Schneider Electric eShop. The designs are simple, elegant, and sophisticated. The designs of the panels are such that you can install them in any room of your house. You can also use them in the office conference room, in the lounge area, as well as above your working space.
- Uniform light dispersal – The panel lamps at Schneider Electric eShop provide a uniform dispersion of light to every corner of the space. The design of the panels is scientifically tested to ensure that you get maximum illumination.
- High-quality products - Schneider Electric eShop provides high-quality products to its customers. Whether you are buying pilot lamps or panel lamps and lights, there is no compromise with the quality of the products whatsoever.
Best quality panel lights and pilot lamps at Schneider Electric eShop
Install panel lights and lamps in your home or office and see how the lighting changes the total ambience of the place. You will also save a lot on your monthly energy bill by investing in good quality LED panel lights. Just make sure you buy your LED panel lamps only from an authentic place like the Schneider Electric eShop. The eShop allows you to browse for your electrical goods online from the comforts of your convenient location and delivers high-quality electrical equipment and devices directly to you.